Monday, February 17, 2014

100 Chart Puzzles

So sorry I haven't been around this old blog in awhile.  I am TWO weeks away from my due date...and I just can't wait to meet my baby boy!  All things baby have been on the brain.  I promise to be a better blogger, but for now, please keep in touch with me through Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!  {Even though I haven't been the best blogger the past couple of months, I can tell you that I've been an AMAZING "pinner"!  #justsaying  #truth}

On to the hundred chart puzzles!



If you follow me on Instagram, you have already seen this idea in my pictures, and I promised a few friends that I'd share my hundred chart with them!  This isn't really a new and fancy idea--but my students have LOVED it this year!  

Here's how to make your own hundred chart puzzles in 3 quick and easy little steps:

1.  Go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and grab yourself a giant pack of rainbow card stock.  {The more colors, the better!}  Is it just me, or do y'all just love buying colorful paper?  So fun.

2.  Print out the 100 chart I have posted below onto a variety of colors of your bright card stock, and laminate.  {Click the picture below to download.}
3.  Cut the 100 charts into pieces--making sure to cut each one differently to make it challenging!  Add the cut  "puzzle" pieces to a baggie, with a color label matching the puzzle inside the bag.

This activity has been a favorite for my early finishers.  I also use them as a choice during math stations, and they were also a great addition to our 100th day activities!


13 comments:

Jessica said...

I did this with my first graders last year, but had them write their numbers 1-100 first and then cut up each puzzle themselves. They challenged themselves by putting together each others' puzzles. They loved the peer connection! I love your colors, too.

What I Have Learned

Sarah Cooley said...

That's a great idea! Love having them write it themselves! Maybe I'll do that for some take home puzzles! :)

Lita Lita said...

WOW! I love the idea. I may have them write themselves too. :)

Miss May said...

Love this so much! I will definitely be using this. Thanks for posting about it friend. I know you and your family are beyond excited for that precious Greyson to arrive.

((HUGS))
Tiff

Unknown said...

This is great! I am going to get that cardstock today! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I just nominated you for the Sunshine Award! http://ateaspoonofteaching.blogspot.com/

The Neat and Tidy Classroom said...

I "catch" my first graders making each other number puzzles all the time! I can see my class really loving this activity. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this great idea!

Lynne said...

I made these in the mid 1980's and still use them every year for 100 day!

Corinne said...

Great idea! They get practice counting and writing numbers while practicing their fine motor skills-love it!

Unknown said...

I love this! I think that i will introduce this and then have them each make a section up to 1,000 and then work together to put them together and practice within 1,000 and beyond. Thank you for the amazing and simple idea!

Amy k said...

About how many pieces do you cut them into?

Unknown said...

Love this station- I made the mistake of using colored printing paper so as you can guess- they didn't last long. But I am going to do it on cardstock and laminate. Thanks

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...